Alumni Monitor’s Q3 2016 Campaign Tracker Review
As part of our Alumni Monitor service, Corporate Insight provides clients with a quarterly analysis of comprehensive university giving campaigns, gathered through our proprietary campaign data tracking system. The Campaign Tracker offers an in-depth view of how higher education institutions are progressing toward their stated goals and highlights the tools, outreach efforts and solicitations that have proven successful. As we enter the last quarter of the year, let’s take a look at some of Q3 2016’s most notable moments:
Only one school, The Ohio State University, ended its giving campaign in Q3. Over the course of the But for Ohio State campaign, the school raised a total of $3,004,563,961 from over 750,000 donors. For more information, please see our blog about the campaign and the exceptional quick turnaround of its results.
Out of our 29 other currently active campaigns (as of September 30, 2016):
- 31% of active campaigns have reached more than $2 billion
- 28 schools are more than halfway to their goals
- Five schools are at or above 90% completion
- Two of those schools—Duke and Harvard—have already surpassed their goal
- 10 campaigns have at least 100,000 contributing donors
- Three schools—William and Mary, Wake Forest University and CalTech—launched a giving challenge
- Wake Forest launched #LetsRollWFU for Wake Forest Athletics: a gift match of $10 million donated to athletics if donors raise $10 million for the Sports Performance Center
- The average percentage of alumni donors (among campaigns that provide this information) is 47%
Check back here for updates from the Alumni Monitor Campaign Tracker, which aggregates and analyzes higher ed fundraising data across a series of verticals, including total funds raised, percentage of goal completed, alumni participation, total number of donors and duration.