Alumni Monitor’s Campaign Tracker Review for September 2017
As part of its Alumni Monitor service, Corporate Insight publishes a quarterly analysis of comprehensive university giving campaigns gathered through our proprietary campaign data tracking system. The Campaign Tracker offers an in-depth view of how higher education institutions are progressing toward their stated fundraising goals and highlights the tools, outreach efforts and solicitations that have proven successful. Let’s look at some of the tracker’s most notable moments since August 31, 2017:
Notre Dame launched the public phase of its Boldly Notre Dame giving campaign in September but has not specified a campaign goal or end date.
Out of our 29 currently active campaigns (as of September 30, 2017):
- 35% of active campaigns have reached $2 billion or more
- Three universities—Harvard, Johns Hopkins and Michigan—raised at least $4 billion
- 26 schools are more than halfway to their goals
- 12 are at or above 90% completion, with Davidson College achieving 91% completion most recently
- Harvard, Northeastern and Villanova have already surpassed their goals by at least 12% while Michigan and Washington University in St. Louis surpassed their goals by at least 5%
- Johns Hopkins surpassed its goal by 2%
- Michigan State University exceeded its $1.5 billion goal with over a year remaining
- 13 campaigns have at least 100,000 donors
- Villanova hosted its inaugural giving day, 1842 Day
- The average percentage of alumni who donate (among campaigns that provide this info) is 49.6%
Keep checking the CI Higher Education Blog for updates from the Alumni Monitor Campaign Tracker, which aggregates and analyzes higher ed fundraising data across a series of verticals, including total funds raised, percentage of goal completed, alumni participation, total number of donors, duration and other noteworthy elements.